Monday, November 5, 2007

Halloween!!!

Hi everybody, how are you doing? Today I just realized that I needed to blog, there is a long time that I don't do it. As I need 12 blogs until the end of the program, it is better to start doing it right now... Well, today I am going to write about halloween. As everybody knows, last wednesday was Halloween. Sandy prepared a little celebration in which everybody needed to prepare something... Maja brought a pumpkin pie, Elisabeth brought treats for everybody, others told us some horror histories!!! So, It was pretty cool, much more fun than I expected!!! Sandy brought us some wigs and another things to use as disguises. It lasted about an hour and everyody got safisfied. Halloween is definitely not a Universal holiday, it is a part of north american culture. In Brazil, we have Halloween, but nobody "cares" about it because we are not really into it. Usually only english schools celebrate it there. I've never been to one, but I heard that Halloween parties in Brazil are pretty cool. On the other hand, we have other holidays that can be somehow compared to Halloween. For example, in Carnival people wear costumes to party and it is such a profitable like Halloween. I read somewhere that Halloween is the most profitable holiday in US. Another holiday that can be compared to Halloween is the Dead's day. Usually in this day people go to cemiteries to visit dead friends or relatives. Unfortunalely we had classes on Halloween while in Brazil hollidays mean no classes, no work, no nothing!!! Ok, I've gotta do... I still have an essay to finish, you don't imagine the hard time I'm having trying to do it, but that I'll you in another ocasion!!! See you!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Appreciating the commitment you put into your site and
in depth information you provide. It's awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same old rehashed material.
Fantastic read! I've bookmarked your site and I'm adding
your RSS feeds to my Google account.

my web blog ... Zahngold Rechner